Sunday, February 19, 2012

Update on life.....






For a little update on life......

I am grading a lot, but I have finally gotten to the point to where I am not bringing AS MUCH home....thank goodness!

My student's finished up learning about immigration and Ellis Island. In my class they researched a country one of their ancestors came from, then made a paper doll to go with it and I was impressed with how creative they got with their paper dolls! Even the boys really got into it, it was a fun unit to teach!

My nieces and nephews are still my very favorite...I look forward to seeing them all. It is weird because I come from a very spread out family. I have a teenage nephew, and teenage nieces, down to newborn baby Harper. My teenage nieces love to help with the little ones and it makes it fun.

---Also, I am amazed at how well kids can figure out technology! My 6 year old niece figured out how to do crazy pix on my i-pad, you should have seen how carried away they got! Halle, my 3-year-old niece joined in the fun as well!

---Grad school has been so much less stress this semester. I finish with the 8 week course this week then start up a new class----Strategic Com. so we will see how that goes. One year left and I graduate....Yay!!

---I am excited about President's day off! A 4 day week is wonderful...

----I am loving Pintereset probably too much. Usually when I should be doing other things...nope I am looking at Pinterest to distract myself.

----I am getting into the Bachelor, we go to my friends house every Monday night and I hate to admit I am sucked in. And if you are too, all I can say if he chooses Courtney I am going to scream! (Pathetic that I have such an opinion about it).

---My favorite sport is over....Football, but the Jazz are keeping me entertained and I have gone to 3 games so far.

---Overall, I can't complain. I am keepin' busy but not too stressed:)

---I will leave you with one of my favorite quotes:

“Between the optimist and the pessimist, the difference is droll. The optimist sees the doughnut; the pessimist the hole!”
-Oscar Wilde

No comments:

Post a Comment